Thursday, January 23, 2014

Everett is Born - Sept. 23

There you have it.  I finally have a date for a blog ~ Everett's birthday ~ September 23, 2013
I flew back to Elizabeth's in September to be with her when her third baby was born.  I went a little closer to the due date this time since I totally missed being there when Gracie was born.  Elizabeth and I were playing phone tag off and on until one day she told me how she felt and then said, "Don't come yet, I think it will be a while longer."  Just listening to her I thought, "Nope, this is it.  She's ready" and so I went.  We did have a couple days before he finally came but it was all good time together.  She had already done lots to be ready so we sort of just enjoyed the time together. 
 
The plan was that I'd take the girls to a hotel for the night and we'd go swimming and playing, etc, etc while mom and dad stayed home and had a baby. But, it was Sunday night and everyone had gone to bed before Elizabeth decided to have him. The girls were sleeping so soundly that we thought we'd just let them be and I'd be there with them if they woke up. They never woke up so Elizabeth asked me if I'd like to stay with her and James. The midwife and her assistant were also there so it was kind of a party and reminded me of when Luke was born.  James was wonderful and he took care of everything Elizabeth needed but it was very nice to be with her when Everett came. She was so calm and collected and appeared to really love the whole thing. She may tell you differently, but she really did handle everything very well. I was impressed. 
 
Here are a few pictures we took
 




 






 
 
It was such a sweet time with the Roemhildt Family.
Love it!  Thank you for letting me a part of it with you!



No comments: