Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A New Table - A First for Us

As far back as I can remember we've had a table that was bought at a garage sell, or a discount department store, a hand-me down from family or whatever.  We were always just glad to have a table that seated our growing family.  For many years, somewhere around Daniel's birth till just a few years ago, we had my families large, expanding table.  My parents bought through a newspaper ad from a lady in Calif.  We used it for years! and when we built our home in Thomas, my parents gave us the table.  By this time Daniel was born and we had 5 kids of our own so I'm sure they realized we could use it.  And we did!!
But this November, with the house paid off we thought we'd like to invest in a new table.  We had company coming for Thanksgiving dinner and we decided a new expanding table would be a good addition.
Dan and I went table shopping one Saturday night.  We went to every furniture store in Idaho Falls ~ maybe 5 total.  We finally decided and settle on a very nice all wood, counter heighth table and chairs.
I love it and it did a very nice job for us on Thanksgiving day.






No comments: