Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ballets and Birthdays

In our month long adventure, Dan and I headed out to Tacoma on June 12th.  Gwenevere was in a ballet recital and we just had to be there for it.  We drove to SL and caught our flight and all was well.  Elizabeth got us at the airport and took us to their new home.  They bought a place in Tacoma and have been working very hard to refurbish it.  It was looking fantastic and we were excited to be there. 


First off, Elizabeth took me on a walk around their neighborhood to show me a couple of homes that were close by and for sale. Oh, to dream... there were some really cute places close by and it would be so fun....
Dan got comfortable while we went shopping.
 
Gwenevere got comfortable while we went shopping.
 
We went to Costcos and I love Costcos.  We bought lots of fruit and Gwenevere even asked me, "Granma, did you go crazy with the fruits?"  Yap, Gwenevere, I did! 
 
That night we got ready and went to the ballet.  James took Gracie on an adventure and Dan, Elizabeth and I went to the ballet.
 
METROPOLITAN BALLET OF TACOMA
presents
THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE
(starring Gwenevere Roemhilt)
 
 
 
Gwenevere was so cute in her Turkish Delight costume we must have taken a hundred pictures.  Here are just a few of them.




 
She loved the flowers Granpa gave her and she loves her Granpa.
The next morning we got Preston's Thomas Train cake in the oven and cleaned out Baby Brothers room.  Wha Hoo.
Now Elizabeth has "this much room".
Gwenevere helped me with the cake and the frosting.

 
Wha La ~ Thomas the Train for Preston



Sharloee and her friend got there and Elizabeth and James went with them to the ballet.
Dan and I stayed with Gracie so she and I went for a walk to the library and park.  She had a great time climbing on the toys.

After she learned how to cross the bridge she would tell me, "I can do it." over and over.  What a little sweetheart.  I loved spending this time with her.
 
Saturday morning we loaded up the cars and headed for North Bend.  Preston was having a Birthday Party today. 
We met everyone at the park near Will and Jenni's home.  It was wonderful.  It had a pond with ducks and a walking path which Elizabeth and I enjoyed.  Jenni had the table all spread out like a train and Preston liked his cake.

So did Taylor
 
We got to visit a bit with Ron and Carolyn as well as Will and Jenni.

 
The "kids" enjoyed the kyaks and the water while the Granpas enjoyed the view.  Elizabeth and I went for a run around the lake.




After all the fun at the park Jenni, Elizabeth and I went looking for new running shoes for Elizabeth.  She was like the Queen on the Throne as we brought her pair after pair to try on.
Back at home we had another party




Will mentioned a home two houses down from them that is for sell so I walked over to look at it.
Nice home with two bedrooms and an office.  It would be fun to be that close to their family, too!
Oh, how would you decide???
What a fantastic day and a great trip for a ballet and a birthday!
For memories sake we did have trouble getting out of SeaTac this time. I spent two days at the airport waiting for open seats.  Elizabeth took us both back for an extra night during the wait.  Thanks Sweetheart!!
 

1 comment:

James and Elizabeth said...

It was so fun having you come to stay. I can't wait to see you in August for Will's run and again in September when baby brother will come.