Thursday, July 17, 2014

Moving Dirt

So, after the hole was dug for Alisha's window there was a huge pile of dirt on our sidewalk.  It was more like 2 or 3 huge piles and I needed to move them somewhere else. 

Our garden boxes were getting low so I decided to put as much dirt in the boxes as possible.  That was a good thought but not necessarily smart.  It was lots of hard work.  I would come home from school and begin ending somewhere around 8:00 or so.  I shoveled the dirt into a wheel barrow (since we have 2 of them) and carry them to the box.  It takes a lot of dirt to fill up a box and I could add 4-5 wheelbarrows full to each one.  Then I found out that both of the wheelbarrows had flat tires so it was especially hard to move them from the sidewalk to the garden when full of dirt.  Oh well!


It took me several days but I finally got most of it moved.  I had to put some dirt along the back fence because I didn't have another place of it.  It will come in handy later on, I'm sure.  A friend needed some extra dirt so we loaded her up with the last of it and I will say I was glad to see it go.  Now we can walk on the sidewalk again.

 

No comments: