Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Weekend with Peggy

Earlier in May, Peggy had invited me to come down.  We were both wanting to go to the BYU Art Gallery to see the Sacred Gifts exhibit.  She had seen it before but was more than willing to go with me to see it again. 
I drove down on May 23 because Peggy and Mark got us tickets to the Thanksgiving Point Concert Planet and Stars Align featuring William Joseph and the Lyceum Philharmonic Orchestra. 



We had a wonderful evening sitting at the top of the hill, listening to fantastic music.
 

 
We also got to see the new statutes that are being put in there at Thanksgiving Point.
They was beautiful.








 
It was an amazing night with them both. 
I stayed the night with Laura and Mark's family but I left again early the next morning to go to Provo with Peggy.  It was so fun spending time with her and it became easy to see how nice it would be to live closer to her.  The whole day was uplifting and easy.  We really had a good time together.
 
 
We weren't able to take pictures while at the gallery because they were the authentic paintings and flashs can damage them.  However, I was able to download the whole exhibit on my iPad for future viewing.  It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am grateful for it.
Afterwards we headed up to Thanksgiving Point to see the I Max Movie, Jerusalem.  It was a documentary about the city of Jerusalem and it, too was inspiring.


We ended our day with dinner at Sizzlers where we did not take any pictures because we were too busy eating. 
We ran some errands for Dallin's birthday party that Peggy was hosting that night and then I dropped her off at her house and headed back to Laura's for the night. 
 
When Mark got home we did a WalMart run to find a special surprise for the Nelson Family.
 


 
Yap, we got them a tramp for their new house.  We'll call it an early Christmas present.
 
On the way home the next day I made a stop in Pocatello to put some flowers on Grandpa and  Grandma Rohde's gravesite.  After all, it was almost Memorial day.

 

 
 

No comments: