Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Rexburg Temple


new Rexburg Temple. Dad got us tickets quite a while ago and yesterday was the last night it was open to the public. Dad actually got extra tickets incase our neighbors the McConeghy's wanted to go. They had already gone with her family so the three of us went up. It was a great night and a wonderful experience. Alisha couldn't remember going to the Open House of the Medford Temple so it was all new to her.
It's a beautiful temple inside and out but I was stunned by it's appearance from a distance. It sits high on a hill above Rexburg and you can see it for miles down the road. It's amazingly bright and shines like a striking "white, ice castle". I'm sure it will be regarded as a constant reminder of the closeness of the Lord to all who see it there. I tried to take some pictures before we got there but was having trouble. I don't know if it was the cold or my camera but mostly the pictures were blurred and although it was still beautiful you could define what was temple and what was light. However, I was able to get a few that give you a better idea of how beautiful it really is.

4 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

You are right that is a striking temple. How beautiful. What a blessing it must of been to be able to go. Sounds like a memorable night. Wish we could of taken those extra tickets and gone with you. That would of been awesome. Love you guys!

Jenni said...

Wow that is really pretty. I remember seeing it under construction when Will and I were there in October, and you're right you really can see it from miles away.

Unknown said...

James and I walked the temple grown when we lived there. It sure has come a long way.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful temple...I'm sure Pres. Hinckley was proud. I wish we could have gone too. I thought you might like to see this tribute to Pres. Hinckley I found on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0W0ZVI9ak&feature=related

I love all your family blogs!
..Linda