Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Two In a Row

I hate to brag but when you have two days off of work in a row, what can you say? Yes, I'm actually sitting in my bed with my laptop on my lap checking my emails, etc. Now, don't get too jealous. I was up at 5:30 with my bed made and my hair and face done before I got the call. It was -18* with a slight wind making it -32*. People who love little children declared it "too cold to go to school" and so you have it. We had to stay home today. That is, Alisha and I are home although Alisha did have her piano lesson at 7:00. Dad took her and then brought her back home and she's been asleep ever since. Poor Dad, he had to go to work at the Family History Center. I guess they don't have too many little children standing around outside their doors. He'll be home at 1:00 and then we'll all play again. It's still -12* but it's sunny and looks beautiful out there.

Will, don't do anything drastic. Working for the government is not always a wise choice. And Sitani can you come dance with me?
PS. Tomorrow and Thursday I'll have to work until 8:00 PM. No, not to make up for the day off but because it's Parent/Teacher Conferences and yes, then I get Friday off. Oh well, I'll just have to deal with it. '-)

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Alisha has piano lessons at 7am???? Oh wow. Her teacher just must be a real morning person! I could ever do that!

Well your picture of your backyard is beautiful. Even though I think I'm mostly ready for summertime, I still look at pictures of snow and wish we would get a good storm. So far, its only snowed here 3 times and 2 of those times it melted within 24 hours, and the 3rd time it was only about an inch worth.

Unknown said...

That sounds cold. Just yesterday James and I where both mentioning how cold it felt in Hawaii and it was 65 Degrees. -18 degrees is even hard to imagine right now.

Will Thomas said...

Just stopping in to listen to your music.

Love ya,

The Thomas Family said...

What a life. Sounds wonderful.