Monday, January 21, 2008

A Great Day Off



It's mid January and I awoke this morning to a day off of work. I'm using one of my two comp days that I worked in August to have this very special mid-January day at home. I have to say that I didn't wake up as early as usual and I didn't get up right when I woke up. That's half the fun of a day off. I was planning to take the Toyota into the dealership and get the oil changed etc. However, Dad offered to take it in for me so I could stay home for the morning. It was a wonderful surprise that I throughly enjoyed and appreciated.
Even better when he came home he had another surprise for me. I'll try to add a picture but just incase I can't do it without Grace around, I'll tell you. He brought me home a dozen red roses and a bottle of diet Pepsi. Now, could you even ask for more?
We went to Home Depot to look for some good weather stripping for the kitchen door and then to Macy's to visit Tessha. We're home now and just waiting for the others so we can have some dinner.
But, you have to admit, it was a very good day off. '-)

5 comments:

NelsonFam said...

How cute - that was nice of dad.

Unknown said...

Love the flowers and Sitani loves the music. We are surfin USA. I'd gotta say that I had a day off too and it went by sooooo fast. It was so awesome though.

Will Thomas said...

How come I didn't get the day off? I must be in the wrong profession. Time to go to work for the Government.

Wait a second. On second thought, I'll keep my job and work discretionary holidays.

Saving Grace said...

With my day off I went and worked for 12 hours but I was filming a movie so I was ok with that. Sounds quite nice though to relax. Dad is such a stud. By the way, great job getting the pictures on!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great surprise. Flowers are always fun to get, especially when you get to have Pepsi while looking at your flowers.