Thursday, February 7, 2008

Language Development


Now that's a strange title for a blog but since they closed school again today I'm not working with any of my favorite little people on their language development and as I sat for over 30 seconds trying to think of a title for this blog, I realized how absolutely wonderful it is to have the opportunity to write a blog; to think of "titles", "main concepts", "summaries" and other such attributes of a good written presentation. (Run-on sentence intended for teaching opportunity only). Technology is a superb way of developing language. Perhaps, I should look into it as a means of communication development for my students. I may be limited by school site internet rules and regulations; not to mention parent objections but you have to admit, it's a fun idea.

Now to the blog~

If you've seen Jenni's recent blog you'll know I was in Fall City with them last weekend. Another SLP for our district went with me to Seattle to a wonderful conference and once we found out where we were supposed to be (sometime during the 2nd day) we really enjoyed the speakers. We actually found the place the first day but we couldn't find for several hours the second day. Now ask me, "How can that be?" My answer, "I have no idea but I'll share the story if anyone wants to know." Our sides are still sore from laughing about always being lost. In between we had a chance to spend some time at the Space Needle and other fun Seattle sites but for me, the best part of the trip was spent with Will and Jenni.

Sara dropped me off at Will's work before she headed back to the airport. Poor Jenni had been there just waiting for us to "not get lost" on our way there. I think we almost made it in a straight shot, but Will had to keep calling to make sure we were where we were supposed to be.

While there Jenni helped me set up a second blogsite within my blog. Perhaps you've seen it, perhaps not, but you're welcome to visit it as well. It's on my site as a link called "Uplift My Soul". I was so excited with all the ideas Jenni had about how to personalize it. She's amazing with a computer and she knew just what to do to get it just the way I wanted. Thanks Jenni!!

Saturday morning, Will set up the computer so we could watch Pres. Hinckley's funeral. I especially enjoyed the spirit in their home during this sacred time. I was so touched by the deep and sincere remarks made from the pulpit. I loved the song that the choir sang at the conclusion. I hope to include a blog on my other site about the origin of it.

Later we went for a walk around their "neigbhorhood". Jenni was such a good sport and although it wasn't an easy walk up and down hills, she stayed right with us all the way. Don't worry, Jenni, you'll be running up and down those hills before long and you'll probably have a baby in a stroller in front of you. Go, girl!!

Here are a few of the fun pictures I took of their place. I hope all of you will get to visit it personally sometime.



3 comments:

Will Thomas said...

Thank you! Come again!

It was good to have family in town. It doesn't happen that often. Thanks for staying an extra day with us.

Jenni said...

We loved having you come! Will's right - we don't get much company so it was nice.

The Thomas Family said...

I love the new picture you put on your blog of the three oldest with Santa. I have never seen that picture before. I love it!

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Will and Jenni were lucky to have you. Their place looks beautiful!

Thanks for your sweet comment you left on our blog today! I hope you know a large part of how Heavenly Father took care of us the last few years was through you and Dan. We really couldn't have done it with out you. Words can't really express how grateful we are to you guys. I just hope you know we love and appreciate all you have done to support us. They are remembered and thought of often. Love and appreciate you all tonz!!!