Saturday, January 5, 2013

October - A month of Gratitude

At the end of September my friend Julie gave me a gratitude list.  She said since I had a new camera I should join her in a month of shooting pictures of gratitude.  Each day we took pictures of something we were grateful for and our object was listed for us.
Here are the pictures of the things I am grateful for.

Day 1 - Where I sleep .   I'm so grateful for a clean, warm place to sleep each night.

















Day 2 - Favorite smile    Oops, I can't turn this picture upright.  Sorry.  Keep smiling Dan.

Day 3 -.Happiness
      My back yard and my flower beds





 
Day 4 - Leaves








 
 
Day 5 -  The Morning Sky  - since it's still dark when I leave home every morning this picture was taken as the sun was rising outside my classroom window.

 
Day 6 -  Books




 
Day 7 -  Something Funny - This is our whole crop of corn from our garden this summer.  One for each of us. Pretty funny.
Day 8 -  Colors
  
Day 9 -  Inspiring Person - Alisha Alison Thomas
 
Day 10 -  Nature


 
Day 11 - Something old - This is my Grandmother's china cabinet.  I have wonderful memories of standing in front of it when I'd visit her in her basement house.  I would stand there and look at all her beautiful things and she'd tell me where they came from.  It's one of my favorite memories and she promised  I could have it when she passed on.  It's now in my living room.  I love it like I loved my granma.





This is the first tea set I ever received.  It was also from my Grandma Rhode. She gave it to me out of the china cabinet when I was a little girl.
 
These  are my hands.  I got looking at them when I took these pictures and realized they are also "old".  But then so am I.  Respectively speaking, of course.  I think my hands look older than I feel.  Probably from rising dirty diapers out in the toilet for so many years.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.  :-)
 
Day 12 - Hands
So there you go. Just look at Day 11 and here are some more precious hands. 
These are Dan's hands and I've always loved them.  He has very large, smooth, gentle hands.
 

 
Sweet, helping hands
Kind, loving hands



Day 13 - Written Words


 
Day 14 - Movement - Slow but steady growth of backside.  Not so funny!
 
 Day 15 - Technology
 
Day 16 - Animals
 

Day 17 - Memories - From the frames to the people - Memories~!
 
  
Day 18 - Something new
                                                                Katara Coco Charlene Suguturaga

 
     Brooklyn Gradys Nelson's Blessing Dress



 
Day 19 -Best Friend - sidewise but only in the photo.
 
Day 20- Seasonal  - Pictures from my classroom
 

























 


2 comments:

Dan Thomas said...

We are gratful for all you do for us.

James and Elizabeth said...

This is a great idea. I'm going to try and do that sometime.