Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Brooklyn Gladys Nelson

Brooklyn Gradys Nelson was born Sept. 12, 2012 and one of the joys of having new baby granddaughters is being asked to make the blessing dress.  Laura had some ideas of what she liked so she sent me a website to look at.  There were three pretty dresses and I picked one that I thought would work.  She liked the skirt part of it but not the flower applique on the shoulder.  She also didn't particularly like the plain bodice on the other dress so I made the skirt that she liked and then tried to think of what to do with the plain bodice.  I was looking through my laces and ribbons when I came across a piece of lace that had come from Granma Great's sewing. 
 
 It was perfect for this little dress. 













 
All in all, I think it turned out pretty nice and Brooklyn looked beautiful in it.  Thanks for asking Laura.

2 comments:

Dan Thomas said...

Mom you can sew anything.

Diane said...

Beautiful....you are so talented.