Saturday, February 16, 2008

Roof- Snow Day


You ask,"How can a roof have a snow day?" Well, it did. Last Saturday Dad and I declared it "Roof-Snow Day". Dad had been watching the snow pile up on the roof of the house. Higher and higher it stacked up and more and more concerned he became. So, finally last Saturday he came in and said, "We need to get the snow off the roof before we loose the rafters." This was a very logical thought and since many of our neighbors had either already begun the process or were on that very day doing so, I agreed with him and we proceeded to "shovel snow off the roof". It was difficult for Dad to get up on the roof but easy for me, so I was the one on top. Dad followed behind me with the snowblower, trying to get off the drive and walks what I was throwing down. We did pretty good together and now our rafters are clear of snow. Actually, they were clear of snow last Saturday but we had more snow since then. I think we did a good enough job that we won't have to do it again this winter. See for yourselves.
How many of you remember the night in the Chiloquin house when the roof started creaking and moaning and we had to shovel snow off of the roof just outside the little upstairs bedroom? I had never heard of it before then but Dad knew what to do. After I cleared the rafters I took some pictures of our backyard and neighbors shoveling their roofs, too.

5 comments:

Will Thomas said...

Brr... That looks cold.

Jenni said...

Whoa - I'm glad you didn't slide right off the roof! but then I noticed your roof is flat. LOL So that is good.

Unknown said...

I'm glad I live in Hawaii.

Ellen H said...

That sure is a lot of snow. I too am glad we live in So CA so ... come on over!!!

Sandy said...

Hawaii?, California? even Washington sounds better than Idaho, but... I'm just glad I can still get up on the roof. Oh yah, Jenni, it's sort of flat, but it's sort of steep in places, too. Just another winter adventure. :-)