Sunday, January 15, 2012

Granma Great's Quilt


Most of my growing up years my mother made my dresses, as she did for my sisters. Obviously, we had lots of scrape fabric left over. One day she decided to use the scrapes from our dresses to make a wonderful quilt. She and Dad kept the quilt and used it often. Eventually, it came into my possession. I used it as an extra quilt for when we had company. Kristi found it and asked if she could have it. I was a bit reluctant to give it away because of it's sentimental value to me, but then I realized that if Kristi valued it, too, then it would bring her much joy.

One time when we went to Kristi's new house I saw it used as Marley's bedspread. I commented to Kristi how fun it was to see this dear old quilt on Marley's bed.


She told me that Marley loves the quilt. I believed her but didn't realize how much until I saw these pictures. Beautiful Marley in our beautiful Granma Great's quilt.





1 comment:

Dan Thomas said...

She is much like her mother and loves a quilt.