Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

All Sunday mornings are wonderful but since this year we're on the 1:00-4:00 Church schedule, we get to sleep in a bit. Obviously, Sunday mornings are some of my favorite mornings! I lie in bed and read my scriptures and my RS and SS lessons. Sometimes I sew on my apron project or my cross-stitch. It’s so relaxing and restful.
Yesterday morning I called my mom and had a nice visit with her and then I got up and went into the kitchen. There was Dad fixing us both breakfast.
He was making me an omelet and himself 3 eggs like he always has. We had toast and coco and time together.
It was so sweet and thoughtful of him to do that. He knows I love a good omelet.

After breakfast he gave me a Mother’s Day gift. It was a Willow Tree figurine titled “The Quilt”.

I love it!! It’s a mother rocking her baby with a quilt over the top of the baby.
It so reminds me of the quilts I made as we prepared for each baby to come. Afterwards, I would wrap up that baby in the new quilt and rock to my heart’s content. Such good memories!!

What a great Mother’s Day gift that I will cherish forever. It sits on the mantel next to my Mother and Child figurine.


Thank you so much, Dan! Tessha gave me a beautiful notebook that I can keep in my purse and jot down my notes when I think of them. She knows me oh so well! Thank you, Tessha!


When we got home from Church Seth was there. He was waiting with us for Gracie to call home. Kristi and the kids called first so we had a good visit with them. They sent me a picture of Sitani with his soccer medal on and Marley sent me a picture of flowers that she had taken. I'd take them off my phone and show you but I can't :0It is always fun to visit with them.

Gracie called soon afterwards and we all got to talk with her. She told us about her transfer that is coming up and all that they’ve done in their last area. She’s feeling better now but will most likely visit with a dr. when she gets home just to make sure things are all ok. I think everyone enjoyed her call.

Tessha fixed us all a wonderful dinner. You really had to be there to enjoy it like we did. Thank you Tessha.

Daniel and Dalynn and the girls all called and we had fun talking with them, too. Alisha called later that evening as she was walking home from a park near their place. I visited with Elizabeth and Gwenevere for a little bit and Will called home, too. I love talking with my kids! They are such amazing people!!

Laura left a message because she couldn't get through with all of us on the phone with Gracie. Sorry!!

I have to say, I LOVED Mother’s Day this year. Thank you all!!

2 comments:

James and Elizabeth said...

I love the willow tree figurine Dad got you. So awesome.

Happy Mother's day.

Dan Thomas said...

You desirve the best!