Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Very Special Day

Today is a very special day. Yes, it's the last day of summer vacation since I go back to work at the school tomorrow. Although this summer I've worked at the pharmacy about 32 hours a week, it's still been summer vacation and tomorrow morning at 6:30 you'll find me on the road to Rigby again.

BUT, that is not why today is a VERY SPECIAL DAY. Today is Dan and my's 34th wedding anniversary. 34 years ago today, Dan drove to Pocatello long before 6:30 AM and picked me up from my Granma Rohde's house. Then we headed for the Idaho Falls Temple. What an amazing full day!! First time in a Temple of the Lord. First time as a wife and the beginning of all of this~
I thought I'd like to share a few of my thoughts about Dan L Thomas~
He's very handsome.
He's very tall.
He's very righteous.
He's a very good father.
He's a very good companion.
I know I've ALWAYS known him.
I know I LOVE HIM.
I know I'll ALWAYS LOVE HIM!!

He even laughed at one of my jokes today!!!

He surprised me on Friday with a bouquet of red roses and a card. The roses even have eucalyptus in them. See.

I'm going to treat him to dinner at Sizzler's the first chance we get to go.

Tessha fixed dinner for us and Gracie took pictures of us. Elizabeth and James left us a bowl of apples and a wonderful Apple Pie Candle which is burning right now and making our house smell marvelous.

I can't tell you all the wonderful things we've done through the years but I'll share some fun pictures and you can remember the memories yourselves.












I LOVE DAN~!

10 comments:

Dan Thomas said...

Boy we sure have done a lot in 34 years.

Jenni said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved this post. Wow I can really see Will in Dan. You can sure tell they are father/son! Sandy you look so beautiful.

Kaylene said...

Happy Anniversary!

Saving Grace said...

You guys are too cute!! I love'd seeing those pictures. Dad is such a stud!

The Thomas Family said...

Talk about something to celebrate. Happy happy anniversary!

I absolutly LOVED looking threw the pictures.Talk about memories.

And I agree with Jenni Sandy you are gorgeous.

Will Thomas said...

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!

Thanks for all the fun times growing up!

Peggy said...

Anniversaries - FUN Stuff! Fun photos from the past! So good to be so in love! Peggy

Emily Empey said...

oh you are so cute sandy!!! congratulations! and happy anniversary a few days ago

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary and I love looking back at all the pics. Crazy Family

Lauren said...

congrats! how sweet..he still gives you roses. i hope you have a great scool year. tell me how it starts off. miss you.