Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sweet, Tender Mercies

Not a pretty picture, you say?

You're right but it is a sweet story.  I call it "Sweet, Tender Mercies."
I had just returned from my morning run when I decided to pull a few weeks from my flower beds before going inside.  I was tired from the run but thought
"I just hate to think of weeds in among the roses, so I'll just pull a few right now."  I reached in and was getting several weeds when of course, I got pricked from a rose thorn.  That's ok because that's what happens when you pull weeds mixed in with rose bushes.  I just kept pulling and the next time I pulled my hand out I noticed that one of the roses had let a little petal fall right on my hand. It just covered the cut like a bandaid would and I felt a little love from my rose bush like "Thank you for getting the weeds out.  Thank you for caring."
Of course I care, how could I not?

 

No comments: