Monday, February 14, 2011

A Valentine to Remember

We cheated! We started celebrating Valentine's Day early this year. In January, Dan reserved a condo at Bear Lake for us. I had to work the weekend before Valentine's, so the weekend before that (Feb. 4) I took Friday night off and Dan and I drove down to Bear Lake. Well, actually we picked up Heidi and a friend of hers here in IF and took them down to Logan first. We had a nice dinner with Penny and the girls and after that, we drove the Logan pass in a snow storm. We were never so glad to get to Bear Lake as we were that night. Thank goodness, Dan was calm and level headed while I drove a winding, slick mountain road in the dark.

At the condo, we had the best time ever! We slept in. We read and I stitched on a project I'm doing for a friend. We watched TV and a couple of good movies. Basically, we did whatever we wanted to do.
Later in the afternoon we went for a ride along the West side of Bear Lake.
Dan showed me where we stayed when we had a Harmon Family Reunion one year. We got out and walked around a bit wondering if it would be a good place to hold a Thomas Family Reunion one of these times.
When we got back to our condo we changed into our suits and went and sat in the hot tub for a while. Later that night we had salad and steaks and then we went to bed.
Sunday morning/afternoon we packed up the car and headed back over the clear, lighted mountain pass. It really is a beautiful pass when it's not dark and blizzardly. (I know that's not really a word, but it works here.)

We went to see Granma and then we all went up to Kelly and Julia's for a wonderful Sunday dinner. It was so good to visit with everyone. Before too late, we headed home ever so grateful for a very relaxing weekend together. Thank you, Dan. It was a Valentine's gift to remember.

I gave Dan a CD of The Dan Diaries for Valentine's Day. It took me a year to write them but it only took him a couple of days to read them. Aren't we glad he's here reading them?!

But, unbeknownsed to me (I know that's not a word, either, but...) Dan had another gift for me. Last night he gave me a beautiful heart shaped, diamond necklace with matching earrings which I proudly wore to work today.
But, that's still not the end. When I got home today I found a beautiful bouquet of red roses on my dresser.
Not only do I still have Dan with me. I have a Valentine's Day to Remember.
Don't I have it pretty good????

YEAH!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a lovely Valentines Celebration.

Unknown said...

ooops it's me Elizabeth.

Unknown said...

That is cool. Happy Valentines