Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fun Fall Days

Last weekend Dan, Tessha, Ruble and I spent a wonderful Saturday driving up to West Yellowstone. We took the scenic route out to Mesa Falls. We turned right off of Hwy 20 at Ashton and followed the road up the mountain to the Falls. I'll let the pictures do the talking.








We ended up coming back to Hwy. 20 mid Island Park and then made our way up to West Yellowstone. The weather was wonderful and I even enjoyed an evening walk around town in just a sweater!. Since then it was been below freezing almost every night this week. So, I guess you'd say we picked the "just right" weekend to go.
We went to church Sunday morning at the WY ward where we went when we were there for our Thomas reunion. Dan and I left soon after church to head for home. We took the old highway from Ashton to Driggs. It was absolutely the most beautiful fall scenery I've seen since leaving Oregon. Some call it "Calendar" material. Unfortunately, I was driving and didn't get any pictures. Besides, I couldn't have done it justice. It really was breathtaking. We had hoped to stop by Laquata and Scott's place in Driggs but they weren't home when we got there so we stopped for a bite to eat and then drove on home.
We stopped by the Teton Dam that busted back in '76 and although I took some pictures, I must have lost them.
It was a weekend I'll remember for a long time. Not only did we see some of the most beautiful places in Idaho, I got to spend the whole weekend with Dan. That's the best!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like fun. I haven't been to Yellowstone in over five years. Sure looks pretty.

as a side note: Gwenevere was sitting on my lap when I pulled your blog up. She got all excited and said "grapapa and gramma"

Dan Thomas said...

You like being with Dan even though he is a cripple?

Jenni said...

What a pretty drive! And I like the photo of Tessha - very cute!