Sunday, October 10, 2010

And the Party Continues


(Before I even start this blog I have to say that I really regret not having the time to blog as often as I'd like. My life is so full of wonderful times and experiences that I could certainly spend many more hours blogging. Also, for all those that have shared these fun times, just know that I've thought about them, looked at the pictures and smiled many times before sitting down at the computer.)

And the Party Continues...
Turning sixty only gets better when you travel to Seattle to visit children and bless new babies.

On Thursday, September 23 Dan and I went to SL for VA appointments and then to Orem for the evening. We were able to spend time with the Sugies and even watch one of Sitani's soccer games. I didn't get take any pictures but Kristi just sent me this one. We sure had fun watching him.We went back to SL that night and stayed in a hotel close to the airport. Friday morning we left the car in the lot and caught a flight to SeaTac. Dan was able to get on the first flight out of SL and I came along later. With the help of a few simple miracles we hooked up in San Fransico and caught a flight together into Seattle. We rented a car and drove to James and Elizabeth's house.It was so good to be there, to see Alisha (who I miss dearly) again
and spend the night in their home. On Saturday Will and Jenni came over to visit with us and we finally got to see our newest grandson, Taylor Alexander Thomas.

He's the spitting image of Preston except that his hair has a slightly dark tint to it. He quite big for his age - just like Preston was and he's a doll. He's also a very good baby. Holding him was a joy!
That afternoon some of us took naps.

Some of us read stories to the kids.

Some of us had snacks
and James BBQed bratts and hotdogs (with Gwenenere's help - I think she helps him with everything he does except his homework)

while Elizabeth made me a homemade Angel Food cake for my birthday. She covered it with whip cream and berries



and then James started adding candles
and more candles and more candles
until he had 60 candles on that cake. And then he started lighting them all.




Everyone sang Happy Birthday (off tune, just for fun) and Gwenevere and Preston helped me blow and blow until all the candles were out.
Then we ate CAKE!!! YUM~YUM!! What a party!! Later that night Dan and I followed Will and Jenni back to their house and spent the night with them. The next morning we got up and all got ready for Church. This was going to be a very special day for all of us ~ especially for Taylor. This was Taylor's blessing day! Preston was ready!

Taylor was ready!
Granpa was ready!
Granma was ready!
And after helping everyone else get ready, Will and Jenni were ready too!

We went to Church and Will gave Taylor a wonderful blessing. He gave him the name of Taylor Alexander Thomas and blessed him with every needful thing to fulfill his mission here on earth.
Granpa and Granma Southworth were there with Granma Great and many other friends. It was a wonderful experience. (I got to hold Taylor during the rest of Sacarment Meeting). Jenni accomplied a violinist for a special musical number and she let me hold Taylor.

After Church we had a wonderful dinner all together

and I had to leave all too soon to catch a flight out.
As it would be, I never could get a flight that night and ended up calling Elizabeth somewhere around 10:30 to come get me at the airport. There were no more flights going my way for the night.
She was so good to take me back to the airport again about 4:00 AM and I did finally get out. I had to fly from Seattle to Portland to San Fransico to Salt Lake where I got the car and drove on home. I got back about 11:30 that night but I was home.
Dan stayed a few extra days with James and Elizabeth and then he flew home on Wednesday. What a wonderful, fun time with family!!!

4 comments:

Dan Thomas said...

It was fun and miralous trip and we were lucky to get to Seattle. Mom and I split in Salt Lake as they only had one seat. (Mom sent me ahead believing she would not get out that day.)I got into San Franciso and told the lady that Sandy did not make the flight from Salt Lake that morning. They dropped her then. I did not get out on the next flight to Seattle so they just rolled me to the next flight. Mom called me from Salt Lake and told me she was on the next plane. I new it would be close but Sandy would be in San Franciso to get on the next flight. (it looked like we might get on that flight.) They only had me listed at that point because they had already dropped Sandy from the listing! Now the only person that can list us is Luke in Atlanta. I could not get contact with him to make a new listing. I talked to one agent and he point me to the 1-800-phone bank and sayed I would just have to realist Mom. I knew Mom had to be listed to get on that flight. I found another much more helpful agent that worked and tried to get Mom relisted. She was very helpful! She even call the 1-800 number from her station and had me talk to an agent to find out how to do this action. (She had tried on her computer and could not get Mom's boarding pass to print out.) She later got ours to print. I took mime then and tried to call Mom in the airport. I could not get her on my cell phone. Finally I got her and she happened to be only a few gates way. We got the last seats and Mom was able to get there just as the last people were boarding the plane and they were about ready to close the door. Mom got there showed her picture ID and we were able to board. (Thanks to then nice lady and Mom's hurrying.) They had already taken that flight of the boards. She never would have found it I had not finally reached her on her cell.

Anyway we got to Seatlle and had a marvelous time.

Will Thomas said...

Thanks for coming out. It was great to have you here!

Justin and Kristin said...

Taylor is cute!
Elizabeth made a nice cake, I can't believe it held ALL of James' candles!!

Jenni said...

We sure loved having you guys here. I really wish that Preston and Taylor would get to see you more often so that he would get to know BOTH of his grandparents equally. Hopefully there will be a time in the future when that is more possible. But we are grateful for the time we do get to see you. And hey we will be seeing you at Christmas time!

I like your photo of you ironing and the caption says "I was ready" Haha. Love it.