Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Birthdays!

There's nothing like a birthday for a full-fledged party. And that's just what we did in September.
For my birthday on the 17th, Dad bought me a dozen beautiful red roses. Isn't he the best?!) Tessha made me a cake and got me a chin exerciser... I blew out the candles... and Alisha did a dance Earlier that night Tessha had taken some cupcakes into the pharmacy and dropped off a Princess Birthday badge for me to wear. When I clocked in at 4:00 they all surprised me by bursting into song, pinning the badge on me and eating all the cupcakes. All n all, it was a great Happy Day!!

On Friday that week I went to American Fork and met up with my sisters. We stayed the night at Peggy's house and of course we celebrated birthdays. We all brought gifts for each other. I took Jenni's Lullaby Album
for each of them and they gave me some wonderful gifts. Penny gave me a pillow, and a bag of lotions, bath fizzles, etc. Margie gave me a beautiful scarf that I plan on wearing with my black pant suit. Peggy gave me a beautiful Begona plant
and a very special bracelet that belonged to Granma Rhode. Granma worked for the Bell Telephone Company and sometimes during a summer visit she would take me up there and I could watch her work. The bracelet has a little phone charm on it which is just like the old type phones with the little earpiece that attaches to the phone. I love it. I loved it all! We went to The Gardens at Thanksgiving Point on Saturday and had a wonderful day. You'll have to see our Sister's Sweet Retreat Blogsite for more pictures.
Then Saturday night I went on to visit my favorite Oremite family~ and their very exciting, getting older Mama! Sunday was Kristi's birthday and this was the first time in many years when I was able to be with her on her birthday. I often think of her as "my birthday present" since she was born just 3 days after my birthday. So, I was very excited to be with her when she turned cough, cough, cough. Sorry, there was something in my throat. :-)
I will never be able to include all of the fun pictures we took that day so, I'm going divert from my regular monologue and post just pictures~~~ Some of you are going to love this.














HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET KRISTI!!
WE LOVE YOU.

5 comments:

Dan Thomas said...

Us usual you do good work and geta lot done.

Unknown said...

Wow. I love all the pictures. You have so much fun with your sisters it's so cute. And Dad sure loves you. Flowers are a wonderful present.
I just think it is so grate that Tessha is at home with you guys. Life would be so much harder if she wasn't there taking care of you guys. We sure love her.

And Kristi, don't get me started she is the coolest mom now days. I love her too.
We have a great family don't we?! I love you mom. Happy Birthday!

Jenni said...

Wow it's incredible how much Elijah looks like Sitani. Happy birthday you two! Your days sounded wonderful. I especially liked the birthday princess badge.

Melanie Allen said...

Happy Birthday (a lot late). I miss seeing you at work. I don't miss the work but just the people. ;-) Glad to see you had a wonderful birthday!

Unknown said...

happy birfday to you and me. September is the coolest month. I'm glad that you got lots of pictures. It was fun to look at them all.