Saturday, September 19, 2009

Another Wonderful Weekend

It was Monday, Labor Day, Paunie’s birthday and my last day off of work. I didn’t have school and I didn’t have the pharmacy for one more day. So…. I talked Dad into going for a ride with me. It’s been just a beautiful fall and I just needed to take some time to smell the roses. Literally and figuratively.

We ran some errands and then headed to Rexburg. Jolene and Dave were going to be home and Paunie and Larry were on their way back from Island Park so we decided to meet in Rexburg and celebrate Paunie’s birthday. Dad and I stopped and bought a couple of cakes. One was a white cake with strawberry filling. It had blueberries, raspberries and strawberries all over the top. The other one was six different kinds of cheesecakes. Some of us had big pieces and some of us had little pieces but we all had some from both cakes. We had a nice afternoon just sitting, visiting and eating cake. :-) Of course we took birthday pictures.


I think they all look really good!!
Then on Friday, the 11th Dad and I took a trip to Firth where we met with our lawyer and ---- YES!! we did it!!!
We signed our Wills, our Power of Attorneys and our Third Party Trust for Alisha. Can you believe it?? It’s finally all done and set up. When we can, we want to visit with each of you and let you know more of the details, but until then, just know things are in place!! I am SO excited to have this done. It’s been a dream of mine for several years now and we’re finally done.
Afterwards, we headed to Pocatello for a dr. appt. for Dad. We stopped at Granpa’s gravesite in Blackfoot and took some pictures. It was so pretty and peaceful there.
Dad reminded me that on his military headstone, we’ll have to put “Army” instead of “Navy” like Granpa’s has. Just a reminder….

And then, last Saturday Tessha and I started out for Jackson Hole. (One more outing before the snow falls :)
But we got lost and ended up in Afton, Wyoming. However, we had a wonderful day with beautiful scenery at the Palisades Dam. The water was clear,
the sky was blue
and the leaves were just starting to turn colors.
We had a nice lunch in Afton and then headed home because...
I had a date with a good looking fellow to go to the Symphony’s Concert in the Park.

And there you have another wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Dan Thomas said...

I wish you would not spend so much time thinking of others'