Sunday, August 2, 2009

July Came and July Went

It seems I'm only getting a new blog out once a month now but that's got to be better than every six months. :-)
And I can't remember if it was June or July but... Elizabeth and I finally made Gwen a crib set. Actually, it was just the bumper guard and sheets but it's what was wanted. Elizabeth had sent some fabric from Hawai long before they came themselves. And then I waited till she got here so we could make it the way she wanted. Elizabeth helped with it and Gwen encouraged us as we went.
I tried hard to rejuvenate my sad gardena plant. From the way it looks now, you would never have guessed that just a year ago people were borrowing my beautiful two toned leaved gardena for a weddings, etc. I'll keep trying. There is a touch of a new leaf coming.
However, I have been able to set out several potted flowers to color up the patio.
One day I even got a picture of a huge, beautiful orange and black butterfly sitting on a tiger lily. It took a couple of tries but I finally got a good picture.
We celebrated Elizabeth's birthday - kind of low key style.
And then we took a weekend trip to Orem/Provo. Haini and Kristi just had their third baby - Elijah Lucky Suguturaga~ born on Jenn's birthday~ July 17
and Marley (alias- Little Miss Marley) was celebrating her big 2. Wow, she had quite the party. Of course, her daddy was responsible for all the wonderful food and cousins were just able everywhere. And I got to hold and play with grandkids. We visited with Auntie Grace, did a little sewing with Laura (no photo) and of course, we went swimming with everyone.
(You can look at Elizabeth's blog for pictures swimming). We left a case of diapers and a case of wipes for Eli , took the Roemhildts and the Sugies to dinner and then headed home.
After all, Elizabeth and James were getting ready to move on.
We were so sad to see them go but we are grateful for the time they stayed with us.
So as not to end July on a sad note and because I want to be like Will (and I don't run 50 mile races or hike to the top of mountains) I brought home a little aquarium and two new fish for Jimmy to play with.
I had to watch them pretty carefully that first night but they are all doing well together. Alisha named the goldfish - Butterscotch and the little one is Scaper because he cleans up after the others. It took Jimmy a while to adjust to the filter and water current but he's doing great now. Just one happy little family :-)

4 comments:

Dan Thomas said...

Like you your flowers are beautiful.

Unknown said...

A new home for Jimmy. That rocks. and I love the baby bumper you made for Gwenevere. Thank you so much.

PS The word Verification is blesso. I do believe we are blessed.

Lauren said...

looks like you had a fun, busy, and productive month. GOod timing before works starts again. Will you still be at jefferson elem?

Jenni said...

It looks like you have been keeping busy and having a lot of fun with the kiddos. :) We miss you!