Monday, August 31, 2009

An August of Beginnings

We’ll begin August with some beautiful August roses. I’m always grateful for beautiful roses in my garden.Dad’s not a rose, but I’m also grateful for him- especially grateful that his health has improved and he’s had a great summer. We celebrated his 59th birthday this month. Lots of kids called home to visit with him and I know he appreciated that the most. So, in order for him to enjoy keeping in touch with everyone, we bought him a new computer. He already had a good monitor but he was using Granpa Harmon’s old computer and it was all but gone. Dad and I had looked at this one for a few months and I decided it was time to really celebrate and buy it for his birthday. He has really enjoyed it since then.Tessha added a touch of class with an Armoni tie – baby blue!!On August 17th Dad and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary. So much has happened in so few years. It makes me wonder about all the things that are yet to come throughout the eternities. 35 is just the beginning. We celebrated the week before because I had to go back to work on the 17th. So, for our anniversary Dad took me to dinner and then to see "Harry Potter". We also went to a couple of temple sessions and did Sealings after each session. The Idaho Falls temple is no longer making assignments for Sealings. Instead, after each session they open up the Sealing rooms to anyone in the session who would like to spend about 20 minutes doing Sealings so we took advantage of this opportunity. The first time we did Sealings Bro. Dale Murdock from Thomas was the sealer. He is a good friend of the family and Dad and I have a lot of respect for him. It was nice to be in a Sealing room with him. Tessha took some pictures of us for our anniversary. We waited till Sunday so Dad could show off his new tie.
Next we celebrated Tessha’s and Alisha’s birthdays. We all went to dinner at Garcia’s on Friday night since we were all off of work that night. Then on Sunday Tessha and I fixed a nice dinner at home. And then both girls got to open their presents – Alisha’s idea :-)Tessha got a new florescent light for her bedroom. She’s been busy painting and fixing it up nicely, so we thought she would enjoy a new light. Dad installed it and it works great. “ Let there be light”.
Alisha had picked out and was way excited for her new NIKE shoes. We blame Will for this obsession, but only Alisha could make it this fun!!! Proof that it’s a “Real Nike”
Afterwards we had cake. Not any ordinary cake but an Oreo, Ice Cream Cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. The next night we had Alisha’s favorite dinner – pizza. Lindsey brought her a new country CD and Alisha declared the day a success.Last Saturday I had the day off from the pharmacy so I sat down at my sewing table and finished off all the projects sitting there. Of course, there are more coming but … I did all the mending, made three pair of pajamas for a friend, and four skirts for Alisha. Now, I can start the other projects. I’m excited! I started back to school on the 17th and Alisha stated today. We read scriptures this morning and Dad gave all of us Father’s blessings. Some things stay just the way they’re supposed to be and some things have new beginnings.
September begins tomorrow……………

4 comments:

Unknown said...

August sounded like a very fun month. Too bad we had to move before it even started.

I love that Dad got a new computer for his Birthday. That is something James and I wished we could get him.

I love the roses, the shirts, the light, and the blue tie.

I love August.

Dan Thomas said...

Good blog as usual Dear!

Will Thomas said...

I know where I'm coming for my birthday next year!!!

Jenni said...

That was a lot of birthdays! happy birthday everyone! Oh, and anniversary!! You both looked smashing on your anniversary night :)

that dessert looked pretty good too. and Good job Tessha on the Armani tie!! Wooot!