Saturday, June 7, 2008

One Summer Project Done

YEAH!! One summer project is done. Now doesn't that look nice?? I like it a lot more than all the weeds that tend to grow there every summer. Usually, I spend a small fortune on Round-Up and lots of time spraying, hoeing, pulling and otherwise wearing myself out just trying to keep the weeds down. So, this summer I thought I'd try the black plastic idea. We'll see how good it works before too long. Anyway, I'm excited to have it done before it got dark. Now I'm going to shower, put on my pajamas and watch a good movie.


Do you remember the chain link walkway that we first had in Thomas. It's a very special chain link and has moved with us to each home we've been at. If you don't remember it or want to know more, just ask Dad. He can tell you a neat story about it. :-) And do you see all his wonderful strawberry plants off to the left?? Come on over and we'll have fresh strawberries.

4 comments:

Dan Thomas said...

To Whom it May Concern,

Does not Mom's work look fantastic? I am sure you don't remember but the chain link thing use to be in front of the OLD Rich house by the old big tree. I use to go on it a lot going into the Rich house when I was a boy. They used it as sort of a sidewalk to help settle the dust. (Just in case you want to know.)

Love,
Dad

Will Thomas said...

The Garden looks great & I do remember the chain link, now it's nice to know the story behind it.

Unknown said...

I love your garden. I have developed a love for gardening it can be so much fun. James and I like to walk up to our garden every Sunday morning before it gets hot and pull weeds and water it and pick beans and just talk. It is my favorite wholesome family activity.

Seth Thomas said...

See Mom...I knew you could do it by yourself, but next Summer I'll be more than happy to help.