Sunday, April 27, 2014

Cleaning Out the Storage Room and other Sundry Chores

While the Ellsworths, etc were outside cutting concrete and digging holes, I decided to be somewhat productive as well.  Before I quit the pharmacy I had used my discount card and much of my savings to stockpile our family food, etc. storage.  I filled the family room with all kinds of food, toilet paper, oil, flour, sugar, etc, etc.  It had remained on the family room floor for several months just waiting for me to clean out and rearrange the storage room which was such a mess that there was no room for anything else. 
Well, I was going to change that this very day.  However, before I went downstairs, I got out the windex and the rags and cleaned off the back door windows.  It was such a beautiful day outside I wanted some of that delicious sunshine to come right in and warm up the house. 
 
Then I went downstairs and started in the storage room.  

I took out the quilts and saved the ones that were saveable.  I washed and dried them on the clothesline in the backyard.  I rearranged and organized and before too long I had room for almost all the items in the family room. 
 
With Alisha's help we got things moved in and put away; all except the flour and sugar.  We have another plan for them but that will take cleaning out the garage before they can be moved.  Maybe sometime this summer????
 
 
We even found a new home for our wheat grinder.  That makes me excited to grind wheat.
 
It felt so good to have some order to things that I decided to actually put up the wonderful pictures that the kids had given us for Christmas.  Seth and Ali gave us the Love plaque for Christmas two years ago and we'd kept it upstairs for a year.  Elizabeth and James gave us the Lake Powell Family Reunion puzzle for Christmas this year so I put them both on the family room wall.  I like how they look together with our other hangings.  Don't you?

No comments: