Friday, August 9, 2013

Sam and Kelli's Reception

We received a wedding announcement and invite to Sam and Kelli's reception to be held at Thanksgiving Point on July 20.  Dan wasn't quite up to going with us so I took him back to Island Park for another weekend with Paunie and Larry.  That's when Alisha and I took off and went to stay with Kristi and Haini.  We always have fun with their family and it was a nice get away from Alisha and I.
We got there Saturday afternoon and went to the reception that evening.  The weather was wonderful and so was the party.  It brought back memories of Kristi and Haini's reception in Hawaii and many of the fun traditions of the Samonans. 
They ended the night with a dance and I got to dance almost every dance with Marley.  If it wasn't for her I would have remained in my seat and missed Dan all the more.
Here are a few of the pictures we took that night.






 

















We stayed the night and went to Church with them the next day but I had to leave after Sacrament meeting and go to the ER.  My eye had become infected and was hurting so bad I couldn't open it.
I got a prescription and it began to feel better. 

Sunday night Marley put on a ballet for us

Marley loved dancing so much that the next day she put on a ballet for us.     Later that afternoon Kristi took us all up the canyon for a little time together.  The kids played in a nearby creek and we sat and talked and talked.  I love those times together.  We stayed another night and then headed home Monday morning since I had to work at 4:00.    It was so fun to be with the Sugies and to go to Sam and Kellie's reception
 
 

2 comments:

James and Elizabeth said...

looks like a lot of fun.

Dan Thomas said...

It looked just like a real taupou. I really liked Haini and Sitani's hair cuts. I am glad that Marley danced with Grandma. (Isn't she a good dancer.)