Sunday, March 10, 2013

Heart Lost and Found

Early one morning (most weekday mornings are early- too early, but...) I got ready for work, grabbed my nice black, wool coat that Gracie gave me and started to put it on when I noticed that my silver heart wasn't pinned on it any longer.  Darn.  I loved that heart and now no heart.  Some days are just like that but it still caused a pang in my "heart".  For one thing, I hate losing things and for another, I really liked that heart.  I can't tell you where I got it or who gave it to me but it meant a lot for one reason or another and there it was .... gone.
But, not having lots of time to mope about it I chalked it up to "Oh well..."  and headed out the door. 
Knowing that I really seldom find things I lose, I didn't really stress about finding it again. 
Then one day on my way out the door after school when snow had started melting around the sidewalks and parking lot and as I got to my car and opened the passenger door to put my bags in, I looked down and there, yes, sir-ree, right there on the curb of the sidewalk was my heart pin.  It was a bit smashed but shinned up nicely and I pinned it right back on my black, wool coat that Gracie gave me.
I can now say that I really lost my heart and then found it again when the snow melted.  I just have to realize that I am blessed come rain, snow or sunshine.  The Lord knows where my heart is.

1 comment:

Dan Thomas said...

Notice the SNOW had to melt before you found it!