Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Weekend with Jace and Annie

Spending a weekend with Jace and Annie is as fun as going to the zoo.  Actually, it was even funner than that.

I went to their new place in Midvale, Utah and spent some time with them a week after Brooklyn was born.  Mark was going on a biking trip with some friends and Laura was at home with the kids.  I took Thursday, September 20th  and  Friday, September 21st off of work and headed south. Thursday afternoon.  

 
Jace and Annie took me to their new "playground" right outside their apartment.  We played ship on the slides and then went for a short walk to look at the flowers near their new house. 

Friday morning we loaded up and headed to Salt Lake.  Laura drove her car there and got us into The Children's Museum.  They have a family pass but she had to be there to get us in.  Soon afterwards she took baby Brooklyn home and the three of us stayed to play for hours and hours.  We ate a lunch that Laura had packed for us and then we went to get my tire fixed. 

I had a slow leak and needed it fixed.  Jace, Annie and I ate pizza at the tire store and waited for the car to get done. 

After that we went out to the Kennecot Mines in Magna.  It was a fun ride out there.  The kids had been there before with Mark and Laura but it was all new to me.  I soaked it up like a little kid myself.  We spent a little bit of time walking around and seeing all the videos, and sites that we could.  It started to get a little cold so we got back in the car and headed home.  What a fun Friday!
We got up Saturday and decided to make it a day at the Zoo.  My Olympus camera had broken so we tried to pick up a new camera at a Walmart on the way.  No go!  We didn't find the camera I was looking for so we just went on.  I took a few pictures with my camera.  They aren't the best but at least I have some. 

We rented a double stroller and bought some hats and then we hit the cages.












 We ate another yummy lunch that Laura had put together and then we ended with rides on the carousel

 

 
Now, that was one fun day!!

2 comments:

Dan Thomas said...

Look like you are FUN grandma.

Sandy said...

I do have fun with the grandkids.