Sunday, March 18, 2012

Meet My New Best Friend


A week ago the sun came out and the wind stopped long enough that I ventured out into the yards. I started in the front yard and began raking leaves. They were everywhere and it was a mess. Then I remembered the blower that Daniel and Dalynn gave us several years ago for Christmas. In the fall I usually blow the leaves into piles and then load them up in the garbage cans. We take out 10-16 large garbage bags of leaves.
I went to get it out of the box and realized I had not just a "blower". It was a "sucker", as well. At least that's what it would do if I would just reassembed it. All along, there in the box were the tubes and the bag to suck all the leaves right up. I read the manual and put it together and lo and behold, it sucks leaves right up off the lawn and out of the garden beds. I was so excited I vaccumed up a whole bag full. When I dumped it into the garbage I saw how absolutely wonderfully it mulched the leaves. I could use it to cover the flower beds. After that I scattered every bag of mulched up leaves in the flower beds and loved doing it. I held back and didn't go around the neighborhood sucking up everyone's leaves. Maybe I'll do that next time. Thank you Daniel and Danlynn.

I even trimmed the apricot tree and cleaned off the patio. Expecting more snow, I left the table and chairs covered. Sure enough, three more inches fell this morning.

No comments: