Thursday, July 14, 2011

New Fences ~ All Around


This summer we took on the backyard fences. Anyone who's looked at (or worked on) our gate knows it wasn't any good and that we needed a new one. So, I talked with the neighbors and suggested that we replace the fences. I had a bid for materials and labor and they both suggested that they could save us some money if they did the labor. I said I'd pay for the materials since I had already saved for the project so it was a good arrangement for all of us. I paid for the project and they did the work.


When Adrian was taking down the north fence he dug up a ivy root. We have ivy that is beautiful but very enduring. No matter the amount of pulling or Round-up, it continues to grow and grow and.... Anyway, Adrian showed me a root that he had dug up where the new fence was going in.
Here's a picture of me holding it so you can see the comparative size of it.
The finished north fence and gate went up first...


Then the south gate took form...



It feels so good to have it all done and paid for, too. Now let the winter winds blow. Our fence will stand and our gate stay closed.

2 comments:

Daniel L.Thomas said...

Beautiful...the root also.

James and Elizabeth said...

Wow, that looks great. I'm so happy for you guys.