Friday, August 27, 2010

The Red Rose Morning


They say that the Red Rose represents "Love". I've always thought so, too. I love roses of any color but the true red rose seems to just stand out.

Well, this week has been "one of those weeks" with lots to worry and ponder and pray about. I was feeling a need for some peace and comfort so on Wednesday I decided to go spend some time in the Temple. I got up early and quietly left the house. However, I hadn't even driven out of the driveway before I pointedly realized that I was loved and being watched over by a very kind and loving Heavenly Father.

There at the end of the driveway stood the most beautiful red rose of the season. In fact, this particular rose bush had not bore one rose all summer. But there, where I couldn't miss it, it stood straight up in the early morning light. Thank you Heavenly Father.

"Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart;"
D&C 59:18

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you. @-----'----,

If you can't tell it's a rose. heheheh

I love you!

Sandy said...

Thank you Elizabeth! I like your rose, too.

Dan Thomas said...

Sandy, you are the prettiest rose in your garden. I am sure you had a good time in the Temple and received lots of love from Heavenly Father!

Alisha said...

Hay to the best locking 60 yees old mom in the tow .I love you if i have a fame i now how i wont to be lick you made not 10 kid i will siter with 5 of now i love you tell all my if fardes she reck of the stare .And all the womallt fame i wil see tham in noverd