Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 ~ Landal & Trier

Everyone slept in till at least 9:00 AM when James and Elizabeth got up and headed to the pool. I slept on the couch until 10:00 AM. Dan got up and went down to the Lodge to ask about check out times. We may leave before they open. I added our pictures to the file and Seth and Alisha are still sleeping.
Later that morning, Seth and I went down to the lodge and bought some stamps for our postcards. Everyone else came down in the van and picked us up for another day’s adventure. We headed out for Trier again. We did some internet, tired to do some money exchange but were just minutes too late and then we did some more grocery shopping. Alisha bought herself a new pair of shoes. Can you imagine?








Before too long we were headed back to our place to fix another yummy dinner of pizzas and breads.
Elizabeth and James had brought a movie DVD with them so we watched that while we ate dinner. I think everyone was pretty tired and headed to bed soon after the movie. I stayed up and watched another movie that I had brought with me; Mary, Queen of Scotland. I had seen it once before many years ago and remembered it to be a really good movie. I remembered correctly and really enjoyed it once again. While I was watching it, Dan came out into the living room and gave me a birthday card from him, and another one from Tessha. It was just after midnight and the start of my birthday. It was so sweet of him to think of me ahead of time and have a card with him in Germany. What a nice surprise!! When the movie was over I went to bed, too. It felt good to have a day of relaxation amongst all the fun, busy days.

No comments: