Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Weekend Away



Last weekend Dad and I were able to go to the Mesa Temple sealing for Mark and Wendy Duff's daughter, Erin. We had such a great time together I thought I'd share some of what we did and some pictures with you.
We actually left on Thursday night and although the flights weren't as cooperative as we'd like, we had an adventure to remember. We were waiting at the Delta gate but it didn't look like we were going to get on so Dad went to get us passes for US Airways. While he was gone, they called for us to board (small miracle!!)but since he couldn't make it back to the Delta gate fast enough, we let the seats go to another couple. I think they really appreciated it.
We went down to the US Airways gate and we able to get on a flight going to Phoenix through Las Vegas. Yap, we went to LV at 10:30 on Thursday night and then caught another flight to Phoenix. We got in around 1:00 in the morning and thanks to Dad we had a car and a room waiting for us. Needless to say, we were very glad for both of them.
After a restful night we took off on those fun Arizona freeways to find our way to Luke's place. He was there for his training and since this was his one day off, he went with us to the temple and luncheon. That was the best part!! It was wonderful to be in the Mesa Temple with Dad and Luke. I'd been there once while I was in college, but of course I didn't go in back then. This was the first time I'd been inside. We were all impressed with the Temple President's message at the sealing. What blessings we receive when we are faithful to our covenants.
The luncheon was held on the back patio of a wonderful Mexican place. The food was great and the company~the best. After lunch we took Luke back to his place so he could study more for his orals that he was taking on Saturday. Dad and I went back to the reception and then left for the airport. We were able to get our US Airways flight back into SL and then we stayed the night there and came home on Saturday.

10 comments:

Saving Grace said...

Looks like fun!! Those pictures of you and dad are priceless. Thanks for the bread recipe. It turned out GREAT! Love ya

Dan Thomas said...

Dear Sandy,

I will try and leave a comment so you will know that I have been here.

I had fun going also.

Love,
Dan

Will Thomas said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I think Jenni & I would enjoy a little Arizona sunshine right now.

Dad, You are in trouble now. You commemented on Mom's blog, that means you have to come over and comment on Jenni & I's next blog, so we know you have been there too. hehehe

Unknown said...

that sounds like a fun trip. I miss Luke. I'm glad you got to see him. I agree with Grace those pictures are really goo. I'm going to be making some of your rolls for dinner tonight. I'm excited.
Dad, don't forget to comment on Mine and James' blog too. hehehe. We love you guys.

NelsonFam said...

You two are a funny couple. I am glad you enjoyed your adventure

Jenni said...

Wow I'm jealous of that weather. Looks like a summer vacation if you ask me! How fun! Glad you caught some flights.:)

The Thomas Family said...

Luke said he really enjoyed the whole day too. I'm so glad it all worked out.

What great pictures! I want a copy of the one of you and Dan.That's a framer.

Unknown said...

Sevell and I wish we could have been there. The Mesa Temple is special to us since that is where we were sealed.
Japan is so far away. It is times like this that I miss the States!

Sandy said...

Bonnie, I'm so glad to hear from you. Are you still in WA? It would have been fun to see you at the wedding, but I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. Keep in touch! Love, Sandy

The Thomas Family said...

Thanks for your sweet message onour blog. My friend found this company that will print your blog into book form. the address is:
http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook

Hope you are having a good week. Love you. Jenn